Develop ADAS knowledge at SEMA, AAPEX
LAS VEGAS — The 2022 SEMA Show and Automotive Aftermarket Parts Expo (AAPEX) kicks off the first week of November in Las Vegas and will allow you to deepen your knowledge of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
The SEMA Show will take place November 1-4 at the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC). AAPEX – jointly owned by the Auto Care Association (ACA) and the Automotive Aftermarket Suppliers Association (AASA), the light-duty aftermarket division of the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association (MEMA) – is Nov. 1-3 through The Venetian Convention and Expo Center (formerly Sands Expo).
Some ADAS training opportunities at SEMA:
- How to Successfully Open and Operate an ADAS Calibration and Service Business — Tuesday, Nov. 1, 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. in S229. This session covers the opportunities, challenges, sales, marketing, and operational requirements needed to open and operate a successful and profitable ADAS calibration and service business. $100 onsite/$75 in advance.
- The Importance of Wheel Alignment in ADAS Recalibration for Crash Centers – Wednesday, November 2, 3-5 p.m. at S229. Snap-on Equipment presenters Charles Searles and Christopher Sobieski offer a deep dive into the critical relationship between vehicle centerline and the importance of wheel alignment when it comes to ADAS recalibration. $100 onsite/$75 in advance.
- ADAS and the modified vehicle — Thursday Nov. 3 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. at N256. A panel of experts will talk about the safe modification of modern vehicles and the tools and resources needed.
- ADAS: the next wave of opportunities in the secondary market — Tuesday, Nov. 1, 3 p.m. on the AAPEX stage. A presentation on the potential market for calibration services and replacement components as well as the problems to be solved.
- ADAS systems and calibrations for the diagnostic technician — Thursday, November 3, from 9.30 a.m. to 12 p.m. in training room 2 of the repair shop headquarters. A training seminar for technicians focusing on the functions of ADAS components, their integration into ADAS systems, and the tools and setup requirements needed to perform ADAS calibrations. $50.