HKTDC Hong Kong Watch & Clock Fair and Salon de TE Open Today
Five-day fairs open to the public with various activities and offers
HONG KONG, September 8, 2021 – (ACN Newswire) – The 40th HKTDC Hong Kong Watch & Clock Fair Special Edition and Ninth TE Show, hosted by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC), Hong Kong Watch Manufacturers Association Ltd and The Federation of Hong Kong Watch Trades and Industries Ltd, which officially opened today, bringing together more than 160 exhibitors. The physical shows take place September 8-12 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center (HKCEC), while the online version runs through September 19, providing continuous sourcing opportunities through physical and online formats.
|Officer at the opening today of the 40th HKTDC Hong Kong Watch & Clock Fair and the Ninth TE Show|
|Sponsored by Prince Jewelery & Watch for the 11th consecutive year, World Brand Piazza presents 12 renowned international brands, including spectacular pieces by Piaget and Jacob & Co.|
|A range of public activities, including watch shows, “Watch X Fashion” shows and product launches, are held throughout the show period with models showcasing the latest designs.|
The five-day fairs are open to the general public for the first time, offering visitors the chance to appreciate valuable timepieces and purchase watches at discounted prices. Hosted by HKTDC, Asia’s premier fashion event, CENTRESTAGE, takes place September 10-12 at HKCEC and features designer brands from around the world. Simultaneous trade shows create synergies and new business opportunities for attendees from the watchmaking and fashion industries.
World Brand Piazza presents exquisite international brands
Showcasing quality watches of various designs, the TE Show includes various themed areas including World Brand Piazza, Craft Treasure, Chic & Trendy and Renaissance Moment. Sponsored by Prince Jewelery & Watch for the 11th consecutive year, World Brand Piazza presents 12 renowned international brands, including Blancpain, Breguet, Chopard, CORUM, FRANCK MULLER, Glashutte Original, Jacob & Co, Jaquet Droz, Juvenia, PARMIGIANI FLEURIER, Piaget and SARCAR Geneva.
A wide range of timepieces is in the spotlight, including the following:
Masterpieces showcase exquisite micro-engraving skills
– Memorigin highlights the Six Steeds in the Tang Dynasty tourbillon watch, its first manual-winding watch with a central tourbillon with free sprung balances. Each piece involves 260 hours of craftsmanship to showcase the Yangtze River, Yellow River, mountains and galloping 18k gold horses on the 42mm diameter watch. (Stand: 1D-A20)
– ANPASSA presents its Racing Tourbillon RXD31MCS with a micro-engraved gilded dragon in 18K gold appearing on the tourbillon movement. The titanium case is set with rainbow-colored gemstones, showcasing the watchmaker’s talent in creating three-dimensional visual art. (Stand: 1D-A17)
Glittering designs grab attention
– Fouette presents Le Petit Prince L’Etoile, which is produced in a limited quantity of only 100 pieces. The watch features 76 pieces of cubic zirconia on the bezel and eight pieces on the L’Etoile dial. It also includes a The Little Prince figurine in 925 sterling silver with stars and luminous hands – features which are all very appealing to fans of The Little Prince. (Stand: 1D-B05)
– The Temporis “My” collection, inspired by the 12 constellations of the zodiac, has the case, bezel and crown set with 350 sparkling stones. The highlight of the piece is the constellation symbol rendered in shimmering black stones that contrast sharply against the silvery white background. (Stand: 1D-B07)
Trendy artistic creations
– The MONA LISA, Da Vinci @ Traveling Muzeum Collection watch was designed by famous fashion designer Vivienne Tam and designed by eminent scientist James Wong. The dial is adorned with 29 pieces of genuine topaz and features a crown set with precious alexandrite. The watch, which also features a high-quality, impact-resistant 316 S / S Swiss movement, is available for sale in a limited edition of 1,680 pieces. (Stand: 1D-B01)
– The automatic Roulette Master Skeleton model by Romago has a transparent back with a perforated rotor. The watch is waterproof up to 50 m. (Stand: 1D-B09)
Unmissable classics and trends
– The Iza C174RRD collection from the Swiss brand COINWATCH features a stainless steel case with 16 diamonds and a rose gold PVD bezel. The piece also features an interchangeable double wrap leather strap. (Stand: 1D-A09)
– Empire Watch brings back a classic with a modern twist, featuring a metallic blue color and a minimalist dial design. This quartz analog watch is made of stainless steel with a mesh band security lock, sapphire crystal and Japanese movement. (Stand: 1E-C35)
The Watch & Clock Fair also features parts and components. For example, the Japanese watch movement MIYOTA presents the Caliber 9029 at the show, a new caliber that responds to the latest trend in the design of thinner watches thanks to its Premium Automatic two-hand movement. Other areas feature complete watches, clocks, packaging and commercial services.
Attractive events, sweepstakes and purchase offers for public visitors
Various public activities are organized during the fairs, including watch parades, “Watch X Fashion” parades and product launches, with the participation of local celebrities such as Cheung Tat-ming, Nelson Cheung, Derek Wong, Lilian Kan and Chan Wing-luk. There will be raffles during the shows with prizes such as a HK $ 28,000 tourbillon watch, a one carat moissanite diamond ring, jewelry, fashion items and more. Visitors can also participate in the Smart Bidding to bid on watches starting at 10% of the original price, including a tourbillon watch valued at HK $ 47,000. Visitors can download electronic coupons (https://bit.ly/2W7eWU7) to enjoy discounts of up to 40% when purchasing watches at shows. In addition, key opinion leaders organize live broadcasts during the shows to showcase selected watches in the on-site studio.
A watchmaking craft workshop themed “Reminisce and Inherit: Locally-Made Tourbillion Demonstration” (September 12) will feature local watchmakers showcasing tourbillons made in Hong Kong and demonstrating aspects of the manufacturing process. Visitors can take this opportunity to deepen their understanding of the art of watchmaking.
Industry experts provide valuable insight into market outlook and trends
Industry participants shouldn’t miss a series of forums and seminars that provide first-hand market information and insights into the latest business trends. A seminar entitled “Global Luxury Watch Investment and Market Outlook in Mainland China” (September 10) will invite John Ng, watchmaker of Montres SA and known as the only Asian disciple of master watchmaker Philippe Dufour, Ho Sai-chu, president of Chih Lo Lou Art Promotion (Non-Profit Making) Ltd, and expert watchmakers and consultants from renowned auction houses such as Sotheby’s, Christie’s and Phillips to share their views on global and Chinese investment in luxury watches, the role of the younger generation in the watch industry and the outlook for the watch industry in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
Meanwhile, the Hong Kong International Watch Forum, broadcast online on September 6, featured shares by representatives of watch associations from mainland China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and Switzerland. In addition to the latest market information, participants discussed the future direction of development in the global watch manufacturing industry. Video playback is available for viewing on the show website. Under the theme “Redesigning the Future of Luxury Watches”, the Asian Watch Conference (September 9) will invite a representative from iClick Interactive to share her perspective on online and offline marketing strategies for luxury watch brands. luxury on the continent, while the representative of Dayton Industrial offer an overview of the latest developments in the watch industry. Louis Chan, Senior Economist (Global Research) at HKTDC Research, will share future market perspectives for the watch industry.
Click2Match enables business matching
The HKTDC has mobilized its network of 50 offices around the world to invite overseas buyers to connect and maintain contact with exhibitors via video conference. The Click2Match AI-powered online business matching platform helps connect exhibitors with the most suitable buyers. Participants can also take advantage of features such as a meeting planner, live chat, and electronic business card exchange, helping them overcome obstacles and build business relationships around the world.
Design competition to promote local creativity
To nurture budding local designers, the HKTDC has partnered with the Hong Kong Watch Manufacturers Association Ltd and the Federation of Hong Kong Watch Trades & Industries Ltd to host the 38th Hong Kong Watch & Clock Competition. The theme of the Open Group was “Minimalism” and the winning design, “SPACE BAR” by Tam Kwok-tung, features an empty transparent container in which the hands are hidden under the wheels. The theme of the student group was “Live Fully” and the first prize went to Yip Tsz-yan of the Hong Kong Design Institute for his “Insight” design, which was inspired by the optical arts. The winners and finalists of the competition are on display in Hall 1D Concourse during the fair, showcasing the best of Hong Kong’s creativity to buyers and the public.
– Hong Kong Watch & Clock Fair: https://hkwatchfair.hktdc.com
– TE show: https://hkwatchfair.hktdc.com/te
– Photo download: https://bit.ly/3l3krM0
The Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) is a statutory body established in 1966 to promote, assist and develop Hong Kong trade. With 50 offices around the world, including 13 in mainland China, HKTDC promotes Hong Kong as a two-way global investment and business hub. The HKTDC organizes international exhibitions, conferences and trade missions to create business opportunities for companies, especially small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), in continental and international markets. The HKTDC also provides up-to-date market information and product information through research reports and digital news channels. For more information, please visit: www.hktdc.com/aboutus. Follow us on Twitter @hktdc and LinkedIn
Copyright 2021 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved.